The Computer Professionals (Registration Council of Nigeria) (CPN) was established by Act No. 49 of 1993 (CPN ACT CAP C22 LFN 2004), charged with the responsibility for the control and supervision of the computing profession and Information Technology (IT) in Nigeria. The functions of the council cut across regulatory, in terms of practice of the profession both by individuals and corporate organizations and the determination of standards for computer education in Nigeria. The Council’s under the supervision of the Federal Ministry of Education.
Vacancy for the post of Registrar
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• First degree or its equivalent in Computer Science or any Information Technology
• Masters Degree in IT related discipline or Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
will be an advantage
• Must be at least a Full Member of the Nigeria Computer Society and financially up-to-date
• Must be registered with CPN and financially up-to-date
• Candidate must have attended two of the last three IT Assemblies
• Must have the capacity to relate with stakeholders in the industry and government
• Must be active, committed and visible in the Information Technology industry and possess a
public service experience
• Candidate must have had not less than 15 years post-qualification experience, including
relevant administrative/cognate experience at that level
• Must not have any record of criminal case or professional misconduct.
• Candidate should not be more than 55 years of age on 1st of November, 2020.
5-year single tenure
JOB DESCRIPTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain register of members
- Day-to-day running of the activities at the Secretariat of the Council (Head office and the zonal offices in the six geo- political zones of the country).
- Carry out functions and responsibilities as stated in the Act establishing CPN
- Other functions as may be directed by the Council from time to time
- The Registrar will be responsible to the Council of CPN.
The Registrar shall be domiciled at the Head office, Federal Capital Territory, Abuja
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE AND REMUNERATIONS
The conditions of service and remuneration are the same as obtainable in the
Federal Civil Service of Nigeria.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
An application must include:
- Photocopies of credentials
- Evidence of employment history
- Any other relevant documents
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
Application must be submitted not later than six weeks from the date of the advertisement.